MagIndustries is committed to managing its extensive mineral, metal and forestry resources in a responsible way, to the benefit of its relationships with local communities, the environment and the overall health of the businesses themselves.
MagIndustries recognizes the need to contribute to sustainable development and aligns itself with the Sustainable Development Principles developed by the International Council on Mining and Metals as far as these are appropriate to the activities of MagIndustries.
These principals are as follows:
- Implement and maintain ethical business practices and sound systems of corporate governance.
- Integration of sustainable development considerations within the corporate decision-making process.
- Uphold fundamental human rights and respect cultures, customs and values in dealings with employees and others who are affected by our activities.
- Establish and mantain appropriate risk management policies on valid data and sound science.
- Seeking continual improvement of our health and safety performance
- Seeking continual improvement of our environmental performance.
- Contribute to conservation of bio-diversity and integrated approaches to land use planning.
- Facilitate and encourage responsible product design, use, re-use, recycling and disposal of our products.
- Contributing to the social, economic and institutional development of the communities in which we operate.
- Establish and maintain effective and transparent communication and independently verified reporting arrangements with our stakeholders.
For more information, please follow links below: